Sedum Spirit Flower Seeds
Product Name : Sedum Spirit Flower Seeds
Brand : Benary
Qty : 1000 Seeds
Height : 10 cm
Rock garden perennial with a myriad of bright yellow starred flowers that create a nice contrast the misty green leaves. first year flowering.
- Uses:Attractive plants for rock garden and dry stone walls, pot plants, plants for graves, ornamental leaf plant, plants attract bees, extensive roof planting
- Garden height:4″ / 10 cm
- Crop time:16 weeks
- Sow time:January-March for green pots; June-August for flowering in pots the following year
- Sowing method:3-5 seeds per plug, sowing directly into final pot is recommended
- Germination*:Germinates in 10-14 days at 65-72 °F (18-22 °C). Light improves germination and uniformity of emergence. Avoid excessive soil moisture.
- Growing On:Transplant plugs after 7 weeks. Once plants have rooted out, begin reducing soil moisture levels and lower temperatures to 55-62 °F (13-16 °C). Warmer temperatures will promote softer, more rapid growth. Feed at 100-150 ppm nitrogen in a well-balanced mix. Vernalization is required for flower initiation in every variety except 'Spirit'. However, most varieties are grown for their foliage characteristics rather than for their flowers
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 0-15 % clay, 0-15 % parts (e.g. bark, wood fibres, perlite, sand),1-1,5 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 1-2 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-9 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.5-7.0.
- Temperature:Grow at 10-18 °C or outdoors. In winter indoors frost free at 3-5 °C or outdoors. Outdoor fleece cover needed. For wintering the root development should be very good. In spring the plants start to grow for 10-12 weeks at 15-18 °C. Cold temperatures at 10-12 °C will increase the cultivation time. A chilling period (vernalization) is required for flower initiation.
- Fertilization:Low-moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 80-100 ppm nitrogen (at 2 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer in substrate), using complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. Very high nitrogen levels in substrate cause shoot stretching and the shoots fall apart. Don’t fertilize after mid September. In spring fertilize 80-100 ppm nitrogen of a complete balanced fertilizer. Prevent magnesium deficiency by applying magnesium sulphate (0,05 %) 1-2 times and in case of iron deficiency (above pH 6.0) apply iron-chelate for 1-2 times.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.