Product Name : Petunia Single Mf. Celebrity Plum Ice Flower Seeds
Brand : Benary
Qty : 1000 Seeds
Height : 30 cm
- Tight flowering window throughout the entire assortment
- Extremely rain tolerant
- Wide colour assortment with several designer mixes
- Uses:Landscape/bedding plants, mixed containers, hanging baskets
- Exposure:Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height:12″ / 30 cm
- Crop time:11-13 weeks
- Sowing method:1-2 seeds/pills per plug
- Germination*:Stage I: 3-5 days at 72-75 °F (22-24 °C); use well drained media with low soluble salt levels and pH 5.5-5.8. Requires light for germination. Before sowing treat the substrate with fungicide. Water adequately after sowing to completely dissolve the pellet. Don’ t cover seed. Keep soil very wet for optimal germination. Supplemental lighting (100-500 lx) during germination promotes a uniform germination and improves a compact plant habit
- Growing On:5-6 weeks after sowing transplant 1 plant in packs or pots 9-10 cm (3,5-4’’) or 4 plants in baskets.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 15-30 % clay, 1,5-3 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 0-3 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-6 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH 5.4-6.0.
- Temperature:Grow at 14-16 °C (57-61 °F). For early selling the plants should be hardened at 10-12 °C (50-54 °F) slowly within 14 days. Temperatures below 10 °C (50 °F) will inhibit the growth and can lead to injuries on a long-term basis. Petunia does not tolerate frost.
- Fertilization:High fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 150-200 ppm nitrogen, using alternating a potassium balanced fertilizer (N: K2O-ratio: 1:1,5) and a calcium nitrate fertilizer. Prevent magnesium deficiency by applying magnesium sulphate (0,05 %) 1-2 times and in case of iron deficiency (yellow leaf edges) apply iron-chelate for 1-2 times. Avoid high fertilizer concentrations, it is advisable to fertilize several times weekly with low concentrations. This will promote a constant growth.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.