Product Name : Marigold French Safari Red Flower Seeds
Brand : Benary
Qty : 1000 Seeds
Height : 20-25 cm
Extra large flowers
Popular for packs and pots
- Uses:Bedding, border, mixed container
- Garden height:9″ / 23 cm
- Crop time:10-12 weeks
- Sowing method:1 seed per plug
- Germination*:Stage I : 2-3 days at 22-24 °C (72-75 °F). Sow in media with very low soluble salt levels and pH 6.0-6.5. Cover seed lightly with vermiculite after sowing to maintain moisture levels. Keep soil slightly moist but not wet. Light is not required for germination. At the end of stage I the radicle will have emerged and the cotyledons begin to unfurl.
- Growing On:4-5 weeks after sowing transplant 1 plant into 10 cm (4’’) pots or packs. Transplant African Marigold plugs before they become root bound. Delays in transplanting may induce premature flowering.
- Media:Use a well-drained, disease free, soilless medium with a pH of 6.2 -6.5; do not allow to fall below 6.0 or Iron or Manganese toxicity may result.
- Temperature:Nights 15-17 °C (59-63 °F), days 18-20 °C (64-68 °F). Avoid lower temperatures, as temperatures between 18-20 °C (64-68 °F) promote the flower initiation. Before selling plants should be hardened slowly at 10-13 °C (50-55 °F). T. patula does not tolerate frost.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 150-200 ppm nitrogen, using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. High nitrogen levels cause leaves being too large and high ammonium levels will damage the roots. Check regularly pH value in substrate, because pH below 6.0 can result in necrotic spots on the leaves or in yellow leaves.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.