Gypsophila Filou White Seeds
Product Name: Gypsophila White Rose Seeds
Qty: 1000 Seeds
This compact FastraX perennial is quick and easy to produce
It is a constant bloomer in a variety of conditions
It is well branched with a dense habit and is well suited for mixed containers as filler or as an overhanging plant
Also attractive in rock gardens and landscape border
- Uses:Perennial, first year flowering. Pot plant for sales from May onwards, for use in mixed planters, borders, and rock gardens
- Garden height:6″ / 15 cm
- Crop time:13-15 weeks
- Sow time:February-March for flowers in May-June, March-May for flowers in August-September, and August-September for flowering pots in the following year after overwintering
- Sowing method:Multiple sow, 3-5 seeds per plug
Germination*:5-10 days at temperatures of 65-72 °F
(18-22 °C). Light is required for germination.
Growing On:Transplant plugs after 6 weeks. Grow on
at 50-60 °F (10-15 °C) in a sand enriched medium.
- Media:Use a friable, coarse-fi bered substrate with a pH of 5.8-7.0.
- Temperature:10-18 °C, start ventilating at 20 °C. Plants may be overwintered in house at 3-5 °C or in the field. For outdoor overwintering, cover with a non-woven cloth. The lower the growing temperature, the more compact and neater the plant habit.
Fertilization:Requires low nutrient levels. Gypsophila repens is sensitive to salt. It is better to apply low level fertilization more frequently rather than applying
high level fertilization once.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.