Product Name: Gazania Talent Mix
|Brand: Benary Seeds|
Compact, delicately textured plant
The vibrant Talent® flowers add a striking contrast to the silvery white foliage and open very early
Talent Gazanias have an excellent shelf life
- Uses:Beddings, window-boxes, pot and container plants for patio
- Garden height:5″ / 13 cm
- Crop time:12-15 weeks
- Sow time:November-December for flowering in pot from April onwards; January-March for flowering in pot from June onwards
- Sowing method:3-5 seeds per plug
- Germination*:10-12 days at 70 °F (21 °C), germination condition: Cover seeds lightly
- Growing On:Transplant plugs after 5-6 weeks. Grow on at 55-60 °F (13-15 °C). Apply 150 ppm nitrogen weekly in a well-balanced formula.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 15-30 % clay, 1-1,5 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 1,5 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-6 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.5-5.8.
- Temperature:Grow at 12-16 °C. Very cold temperatures will increase the cultivation time. Gazania does tolerate not frost.
- Fertilization:High fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 150-200 ppm nitrogen (at 1,5 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer in substrate), using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. Avoid pH above 6.0, as high pH causes iron deficiency. Apply chelated iron, if chlorosis becomes a problem. To prevent magnesium deficiency, apply magnesium sulphate (0,05 %) 1-2 times. Gazania does tolerate high salt levels in substrate.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.