Dahlia Garden Pride Mix Flower Seeds
Product Name : Dahlia Garden Pride Mix Flower Seeds
Qty : 1000 Seeds
Brand : Benary Seeds
- Uniform dwarf habit
- Early flowering
- Semi-double flowers in nice colours
- Suitable for production along with bedding plants
- Crop time: 8-9 weeks The yellow coated seed is dust-free for easy machine sowing and seed placement inspection.
- Uses:Plants for the border, attractive pot plants and container plants for patio and window boxes.
- Exposure:Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height:12″ / 30 cm
- Crop time:8-9 weeks
- Sow time:January-End July; Early February for selling to Mother’s Day.
- Sowing method:2-3 seeds per plug, can be sown directly into final pot
- Germination*:3-4 days at 68-70 °F (20-21 °C) lightly covered.
Stage II: 5-7 days maintain temperatures of 68-70 °F
(20-21 °C). Stage III: 12-14 days at 65-68 °F (18-20 °C). Stage IV: 7 at 60-62 °F (15-17 °C).
- Growing On:Grow on at temperature of 60-65 °F (15-18 °C), harden plants at 54-55 °F (12-13 °C) prior to sales.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 20-30 % clay, 1-2 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 1-2 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-6 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.5-6.0.
- Temperature:Grow at 15-18 °C or outdoors. For selling it is recommended to harden the plants at temperatures of 12-13 °C. Cultivate flowering plants not below 13 °C. Dahlia plants do not tolerate frost. Temperatures above 21 °C combined with long day of 16 h cause flowers to dry in and temperatures above 25 °C inhibit the flower initiation.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 100-150 ppm nitrogen, using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. Prevent magnesium deficiency by applying magnesium sulphate (0,05 %) 1-2 times and in case of iron deficiency apply iron-chelate for 1-2 times.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.