Product Name : Begonia Tuberhybrida Nonstop Mocca Mix Flower Seeds
|Brand : Benary Seeds|
|Qty :1000 Seeds|
Highest transplantable seedlings in the industry
Large double flowers
Excellent outdoor performance
Strong branching plants
Short time from first flower to full flower
Series provides 8 colours and 1 mix
- Uses:Bedding, patio containers and landscape, window boxes, pot plants
- Exposure:Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height:8″ / 20 cm
- Crop time:17-20 weeks
- Sow time:November for flowering pots from April onwards, December-January for flowering bedding plants from May onwards
- Sowing method:1-2 seeds per plug
- Germination*:Germination will occur in 7-14 days at 75-78 °F (23-25 °C). Sow seed on a fine media with good water holding capacity and good drainage. Consistent moisture levels are important to uniform germination. Humidity levels above 95 % and a media pH between 5.5 and 6.5 are important. Do not cover seed as light is required to germinate. Supplemental 24-hour assimilation light provided at this stage will increase germination, reduce crop time and improve plug quality.
- Growing On:Transplant plugs into finished containers with a well drained media, and pH of 5.5 to 6.5. Maintain day length in excess of 14 hours. Continued supplemental lighting will improve plant quality and shorten crop time. Growing temperatures between 68-72 °F (18-22 °C) optimize growth and flowering. Fertilize at 150-250 ppm nitrogen in a well-balanced formula.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate, pH: 5.5-6.2.
- Temperature:Grow at 16-18 °C. 10 days before selling the temperatures can be decreased to 16 °C. Temperatures below 14 °C will result in tuber formation and crop delay.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. At high nitrogen levels the foliage can become very big. Avoid pH above 6.0, as high pH causes iron deficiency. Apply chelated iron, if chlorosis becomes a problem. Avoid high salt levels in substrate. It is advisable to fertilize several times with low concentrations weekly