Product Name : Ptilotus Exaltatus Joey Apex Flower Seeds
Brand : Benary
Qty : 500 Seeds
Height : 35 cm
- Sun Loving Beauty
- Totally new genus from Australia
- Thrives in hot, dry conditions
- Increase Your Sales with Joey®
- Joey® is truly a breeding breakthrough
- Short crop times of 12-16 weeks allow for quick returns on this truly unique crop
- Uses:Annual; Pot plant, mixed combinations, landscape plantings
- Garden height:13″ / 34 cm
- Crop time:12-16 weeks
- Sow time:January-June
- Sowing method:1 seed per plug
- Germination*:Sow one seed per cell in a well-drained media witha pH between 5.5 and 6.5. Germinates in 5-7 days at 76-80° F (24-26° C). Do not saturate and maintain moderate soil moisture levels.
- Growing On:Transplant plugs 6-8 weeks after sowing into a well-drained medium. Do not over water and feed at 100-150 ppm N, avoiding excess phosphorus and calcium levels. Grow on at 65-70° F (18-21° C). Higher light levels promote shorter, better-branched plants with larger flowers.
- Media:Use a well-drained media, pH 5.5-6.5
- Temperature:Grow at 20-24 °C. Avoid temperatures below 10 °C
- Fertilization:Moderate to high fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 100-150 ppm nitrogen (2 kg/m3 slow release fertilizer in substrate), using a complete and balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. Take care of the phosphate level in substrate.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.