Product Name : Melampodium Derby Mix Flower Seeds
Brand : Benary
Qty : 1000 Seeds
Height : 30 cm
Intense bright golden yellow flowers and small leaf size .
ideal for pot production.
- Uses:Plants for the border and window boxes, pot and container plants, marsh plant
- Exposure:Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height:8″ / 20 cm
- Crop time:12-14 weeks
- Sow time:February-May
- Sowing method:1-2 seeds per plug
- Germination*:7-14 days at 65-68 °F (18-20 °C). Cover seed lightly after sowing. Maintain high, but not saturated soil moisture levels, and 95 % relative humidity levels.
- Growing On:Transplant into pack or 4" (10 cm) pots with media having 5.5 to 6.5 pH. Media should have good moisture holding capacity. Apply 100-150 ppm nitrogen weekly in a well-balanced formula.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 20-30 % clay, 1,5 kg/m³ of a complete balanced fertilizer, iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.8-6.5.
- Temperature:Grow at 16-18 °C. The lower the cultivation temperature, the longer the cultivation time. In order to harden the plants for selling the temperature can be decreased to 12-14 °C. Melampodium does not tolerate temperatures below 10 °C.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 100-150 ppm nitrogen, using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium levels and high nitrogen levels. Prevent magnesium deficiency by applying magnesium sulphate (0,025 %) 1-2 times and in case of iron deficiency (above pH 6.0) apply iron-chelate for 1-2 times.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.