Product Name : Lavandula Hidcote Blue Seeds
Quantity : 1000
- Uses:Plants for border and open positions, ornamental leaf plant, aromatic plant, medicinal plant, pot and container plants, plants attractive for bees, extensive roof planting
- Garden height:12″ / 30 cm
- Crop time:10-12 months
- Sow time:January-March for green pots, June-August for flowering in pots the following year
- Sowing method:1-2 seeds per plug
- Germination*:Germinates in 14-20 days at 65-72 °F (18-22 °C). Light is required for germination. Treated ApeX seed increases germination percentages over that of raw seed.
- Growing On:Transplant plugs after 9 weeks. Grow on at 55-65 °F (12-18 °C) in an alkaline medium. Vernalization is required for flower initiation. After vernalization, begin forcing plants at temperatures of 60-65 °F (15-18 °C) for 6-7 weeks under long days to promote flowering.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing perennial substrate with 0-15 % clay, 0-15 % parts (e.g. perlite, sand, bark), 1-2 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 0-2 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-9 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.8-7.0.
- Temperature:Grow at 12-21 °C or outdoors. A forcing in spring with warm temperatures need high light intensity and decreases the cultivation time.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.