Product Name : Eucalyptus Silverdrop Seeds
Brand : Benery Seeds
Qty : 1000 Seeds
- Uses:Pot plants, rare border plant, ornamental leaf production
- Garden height:20″ / 50 cm
- Crop time:16-18 weeks
- Sow time:January-March sowing is possible all-season
- Sowing method:1 seed per plug
- Germination*:14-20 days at 72 °F (22 °C), do not cover seeds as light is required to germinate. Keep significantly moist.
- Growing On:Maintain temperature of 61-64 °F (16-18 °C). To ensure continuous growth, do not allow temperature to fall below 54 °F (12 °C). Plants can be over wintered frost free at
38-39 °F (3-4 °C).
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 15-30 % clay, 0-15 % perlite, 3 kg/m³ complete balanced fertilizer, 0-3 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer (3-9 months), iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.8-7.0. Field: loamy soils with good drainage. Eucalyptus has low requirements to the soil. Standard fertilization: 100-150 g/m² slow release fertilizer.
- Temperature:Grow at 16-18 °C. In growth period not cultivate below 12 °C. Eucalyptus does not tolerate frost.
- Fertilization:High fertilization levels are required. Fertilize the crop weekly with 200-300 ppm nitrogen (at 0 kg/m³ slow release fertilizer in substrate), using a complete balanced fertilizer. Avoid high ammonium and high nitrogen levels. Just before harvest, use a potassium balanced fertilizer (N: K2O-ratio: 1:1,5). In winter fertilize in 4 weeks interval. Prevent magnesium deficiency by applying magnesium sulphate (0,05 %) 1-2 times and in case of iron deficiency apply iron-chelate for 1-2 times. Eucalyptus does tolerate high salt levels in soils. Avoid salt levels in substrate above 5 g/l. Field: If necessary according to analysis, improve the soil with 150 g/m² slow release fertilizer, applied in several portions. Take care of micronutrients levels in soil.
* Germination Stages (from seed to finished young plant)
Stage I Starts with the radicle breaking through the testa. The roots are touching the medium. Ends with fully developed cotyledons.
Stage II Starts from fully developed cotyledons. Ends with the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair.
Stage III Starts from the fully developed true leaf or true leaf pair and ends with 80% of the young plants being marketable.
Stage IV All young plants are ready for sale and in the process of being hardened off. This stage lasts about 7 days.