Designing Your Garden
Follow these 10 easy steps to have your own wonderland at your home.
1. Observe the space
2. Doing some research is highly suggested. Research will help you understand more about gardening and it’s many concepts. Consult a gardener if required.
3. Pick a style/theme like urban garden, village garden, formal garden, geometric, wildlife, zen garden, vertical garden & many more. You can pick any theme for your garden and then slowly work your way through it.
4. Have a blueprint- The blueprint is very important. Blueprint is nothing but a master-plan for your garden. Plan out each and every step. Sketch a layout/drawing of your garden site and be sure to include every feature present in your garden, including fences, walls, all the immovable objects and all the natural features as well. Get appropriate measurements of your garden site.
5. Decide and select plants & pots
6. Decide growing medias
7. Watering system, irrigation,
8. Place plants as per their & your requirements. The position of every plant should be in accordance with its requirements. Plants which love direct sun, should be planted where they can get ample sunshine, whereas plants which do not have a strong affection towards the sun should be planted in the shade.
You can plant perennials which can serve as the basics of your garden. They will last a long time and add a splash of color to your garden. Perennial beds can be made, according to the space available. If you do not have much space, you can add smaller beds whereas an area with large space will be able to accommodate larger beds. Taller plants should be placed at the end of the beds. Use plants of different shades and colors to add a dash of vibrancy in your garden.
Place your annual plants in such places where it is not hard for you to access them for weeding or any other significant activity. Usually, annuals should be placed near pathways or fences.
9. There are many different elements available that you could add to your garden to make it attractive. The elements like containers, furniture, planters, hedges, paths, water fountains enhances the beauty of garden.
10. Make sure you have pavements & easy access to the garden.
Start slow and then keep adding new features to your garden. Pick out any theme, style and get innovative. Let your imagination run wild. Put in your best and the end result will be definitely worth it.