Product Name : Begonia Tuberous F1 Primary Mix
|Brand : Benary Seeds|
|Qty :1000 Seeds|
- Uses:Annual, pot plants, patio containers, window boxes, bedding and landscape
- Exposure:Sun - Partial shade
- Garden height:10″ / 25 cm
- Crop time:16-18 weeks
- Sow time:December-January
- Sowing method:1-2 seeds per plug
- Germination*:Germination will occur in 7-14 days at 75-78 °F (23-25 °C). Sow seed on a fine media with good water holding capacity and good drainage. Consistent moisture levels are important to uniform germination. Humidity levels above 95 % and a media pH between 5.5 and 6.5 are important. Do not cover seed as light is required to germinate. Supplemental 24-hour assimilation light provided at this stage will increase germination, reduce crop time and improve plug quality.
- Growing On:Transplant plugs into finished containers with a well drained media, and pH of 5.5 to 6.5. Maintain day length in excess of 14 hours. Continued supplemental lighting will improve plant quality and shorten crop time. Growing temperatures between 68-72 °F (18-22 °C) optimize growth and flowering. Fertilize at 150-250 ppm nitrogen in a well-balanced formula.
- Media:Use a well-drained, growing substrate with 15-30 % clay, 0-20 % perlite, 1-2 kg/m2 complete balanced fertilizer, iron-chelate, micronutrients, pH: 5.5-6.2.
- Temperature:Grow at 16-18 °C. 10 days before selling temperature can be decreased to 16 °C. Temperatures below 14 °C will result in tuber formation and crop delay.
- Fertilization:Moderate fertilization levels are required. Fertilize weekly with 150-200 ppm nitrogen, using a complete and potassium balanced fertilizer (N: K20-ratio: 1:1,5). Keep low ammonium levels, otherwise the roots become damaged. At high nitrogen levels the foliage can become very big. Avoid pH above 6.5, as high pH causes iron deficiency. Apply chelated iron, if chlorosis becomes a problem. To prevent magnesium deficiency apply magnesium sulphate (0,025 %) 1-2 times. Additional foliage fertilization with potassium supports compact plant growth and provides a dark green foliage colour. Avoid high soluble salts in the soil.
|Number of Seeds / Pack||1000|